The Raleigh Jaycees Scholarship Program
Download the 2017 applications here:
Established by the Raleigh Jaycees in 2003, the following scholarships promote student achievement for those who have demonstrated “Leadership Development Through Community Service.” Students must be nominated by an Administrator, School Counselor, Employer or Community Service Supervisor. Criteria include merit, character, and leadership and community activities.
TWO awards will be given in 2017. Maximum amount for each award is a one-time amount of $1000. Scholarships may be applied to expenses for tuition, required fees, and required books. Scholarships will be awarded prior to the beginning of the Fall 2017 semester.
Selection of Recipients
Raleigh Jaycees Scholarship Fund Committee (RJCSF) has the sole responsibility for selecting award recipients.
In order to be eligible for a Raleigh Jaycees Leadership and Community Development Scholarship,applicants must complete the application form in its entirety and return it with supporting attachments in one envelope to the RJCSF committee. Only complete applications received by May 31, 2017 will be considered.Scholarship recipients will be selected on the basis of length of commitment and quality of leadership responsibilities in community and school activities, awards and honors, recommendations, and academic record. RJCSF has sole responsibility for the selection of award recipients and its decision will be final. Recipients will be notified by July 31, 2017.
Congratulations to the winners of past Raleigh Jaycee Scholarships!
- College or University – Kristin Freeman
- College or University – Annie Clark
- Community or Technical College – Kim Bagley
- Leadership Development – Michael Hoover
- Leaders of Tomorrow – Sonya Lorenson
- Community Development – Stacey Simeone
- Leadership Development – Hien The Phung
- Citizen of Distinction – Russell Bienes
- Community Development – Jessica Oliver
- Leaders of Tomorrow – Camellia Mclean