The Raleigh Jaycees Scholarship Program
The 2023 Scholarship Application is now closed.
Selected recipients will be contacted in July 2023.
Established by the Raleigh Jaycees in 2003, our scholarship programs promote student achievement for those who have demonstrated leadership development through community service.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be a resident of Wake County, NC;
- Graduate in 2023 from a high school in Wake County (public, private, charter, virtual, homeschool are all eligible)
- Have been accepted to an accredited college, university, community, or technical college;
- Have maintained an overall 3.0 grade point average during their high school career;
- Demonstrate leadership skills and commitment to the local community.
To apply, applicants will need:
- To complete the online application in full;
- To enter or upload within the application an original answer to the following question: “In 500-750 words, tell us what leadership qualities you have developed through performing community service. How has your service impacted your community?”
- To upload an unofficial copy of the current high school transcript;
- To upload a copy of an acceptance letter or enrollment verification;
- To submit the name and contact information of someone willing to write a recommendation on your behalf.
In 2023, we are excited to award FIVE scholarships! Each scholarship is a one time $1000.00 award, which may be applied to expenses for tuition, fees, and required books. Scholarships will be awarded directly to your educational institution prior to the beginning of the fall 2023 semester.
Criteria and Selection of Recipients
Our criteria include merit, character, leadership, and community activities. The judges will make selections on the basis of length of commitment, quality of leadership responsibilities in school and community activities, awards and honors, recommendations, academic record, and essay responses. The Raleigh Jaycees Scholarship Fund Committee and Judges are solely responsible for selecting recipients, and decisions are final. Members of the Raleigh Jaycees or their immediate families are not eligible.
Official Rules and Deadlines
To be considered for the Raleigh Jaycees Leadership and Community Development Scholarships, applicants must complete the online application in its entirety, including the upload or submission of supporting materials. Incomplete applications will not be considered. As of May 15, the application deadline has been extended.
Application Deadline: June 9, 2023 at 11:59PM
Recommendation Deadline: June 16, 2023 at 11:59PM
Award Notifications: July 2023
More Information and Questions
All applicants are encouraged to learn more about the Raleigh Jaycees by attending a General Membership Meeting or other event. To view our current events, please see our calendar.
Applicants are also encouraged to download the Jaycee Scholarship Information page and refer to it to ensure a complete application. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good luck! We look forward to reading your application.